Rhymes with Orange

Orange, in all of its brightness, has been the predicted color of spring by various publications from The Wall Street Journal to InStyle. To tell you the truth, orange itself is a pretty picky color. It often hails the color wheels of what colors not to wear in people's wardrobes- hence The Blindside, "I will be there to support you. But I will not wear that gaudy orange, I will not. It is not my color wheel and I will not wear it," demanded LeAnn Tuohy, on her adoptive son's college colors. In fact, the majority of people are not found to be flattered in orange. Here are some ways to accessorize, flaunt, and tone down orange to a decent level that will leave everyone thinking, "Wow. How fashionable. She can really pull off that orange." 
Prada Milano Bag. This punchy orange bag is gorgeous, especially next to the other drab bags of the winter. Give your boring bags a break and pop a great purse like this out to wow the crowds.
BDG boots, Hue tights, Lands End Canvas Chambray Dress.
When I originally put together this outfit, I was thinking cowgirl-esque, but in the end it just turned out to be more of an equestrian casual vibe.
I am positively in love with this JCrew jacket. The khaki is a great staple- a fun, neutral color looks fantastic next to the subtle pop of orange.

If you haven't realized my JCrew obsession, especially in this shoot, you will now. This glorious orange alpine looks positively magnificent underneath the radiating infinity scarf. With the fuchsia gloves, it gives off a polished look that I adore- even with messy hair, JCrew has done it again. Effortless chic, give me a number.
Isa's gorgeous Maxi Dress not only fits well but is the perfect color! The orange not only pops next to the scenery, but next to her curly hair. She is one of the only people I know that can wear orange as a statement and get away with it.
Another fun way to add a quick pop of orange to your outfit is a bold accessory such as big earrings or a large-beaded necklace. This is a nice, extremely subtle touch of orange that is doable in any outfit.
Here's a sketch of a simple orange dress I did about a year ago. A boutique owner that owns a store in my area that often gives me advice on sketches and certain things in the blog called this dress, "Bright and flirty with a charming vintage feel." Looking back, I realized that this was the second fashion sketch I ever did- was I simply enjoying the color orange or predicting next years colors?


I hope with this post you will find some fun, punchy oranges that will add an awesome splash to your spring! See you later, hauties!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! Your comments make my day! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...