Hey guys! One of the best things in life are weekends. Free time, great memories, happiness. Here are twenty things on my Fall Weekend Bucket List that I wanted to share with you that will make your weekend unique.
- Go on a boat ride. If you're not land-locked, chances are that there's a local boat company that offers nightly boat rides. There's a ton of options to go boating near my house, and I have to say, it's a TON of fun! You meet new people, get breeze in your hair, and have a unique experience. I may be biased because I do sailing as a sport, but it's a great time.
- Make a Mug Cake. Mug cakes are actually the most delicious things I've ever had. And they take like 5 minutes to make! Perfect way to make homework a little less tiresome. Here's my favorite recipie from Ready Set Eat:
Image via Stellar Kitchen
Ingredients: Cooking Spray, 1 TBS Peanut Butter, 1 Cups Whipped Cream, 1 Egg White, 1/4 Cup Brownie Mix Spray insides of 2 large microwave-safe mugs with cooking spray. Place 1 tablespoon peanut butter in bottom of each mug. Whisk together Reddi-wip, Egg Beaters and brownie mix in medium bowl. Place half of batter in each mug.Microwave each mug individually on HIGH 1 minute to 1 minute 15 seconds or until set. Invert each cake onto a plate. Serve immediately with additional Reddi-wip, if desired.
- Go Dress Shopping. Spending time at a fancy dress shop can turn out to be tons of fun. I got the oppertunity to become friends with some at a store near my house, and she's told me about meeting designers like Vera Wang! Not to mention the simply adorable dresses you'll get to try on!
- Make a Youtube Video. I'm not particularly attracted to YouTube, but the occasional video can be lots of fun. The options are endless. Grab a couple friends and leave me a comment of the link!
- Go fruit picking. Nothing tastes better than fruit thats freshly picked from a farm. Not only do you know that the food you're about to eat is healthy and hasn't been treated, but they taste amazing compared to anything you'd buy at the grocery store.
- Make a Magazine Collage. Collaging, and decorating your room in general, will prove to be an experience that is well worth your time. You'll see your work every day.
- Go to a fancy grocery store. I am seriously obsessed with fancy grocery stores. Everything tastes great, the bakery is always delicious, and sometimes it's well worth the steep prices for a snack.
- Go on a Scavenger Hunt. As a little kid, I had an obsession with scavenger hunts. It's not as huge any more, but a little hide and seek is always fun!
- Send a totally random care packgage. Send your friend out of town a little treat. Weather it's a simple box or a weirdly shaped toy with a stamp on the back, chances are they'll love it!
- Go Jewelry Shopping. Something that can make shopping more fun is to get something that you don't usually buy, and splurge on your purchase. It'll be worth it when you find yourself using it all the time in the future! I tend to pass up jewelry, but whenever I do buy it, I wear it all the time.
- Buy some seasonal food. Since it's October, pumpkin is the current food of choice! Seasonal food will get you into the mood and help you celebrate the most wonderful time of the year (now)!
- Go to the pumpkin patch. Again, celebrate the current upcoming holiday! It only comes once a year! Grab some friends and go to a decked out pumpkin patch. I garuntee you will all have a fantastic time.
- Get lost in a corn maze. Corn mazes and haunted houses are other ways to celebrate the holiday with friends. I can't live a year without going to one or the other- they're a ton of fun!
- Go look at art. I'm not very artistically talented, but I love looking at art. It's a perfect reason to dress up! Find a local gallery and check it out- you may even meet the artists!
- Go to a Coffee Shop. Go to a locally owned shop and get their signature drink. I can garuntee you won't be dissapointed! Most coffee shops have an urban feel that's oh-so hipster.
- Go for a Walk Seeing your neighborhood from a car is much different than on foot. Discover new things with just a stroll around the block.
- Go into the country. I love going on mini-road trips into a more rural area. Who knows what you'll discover!
- Organize a flash mob. This will take a little work, but it's so worth it! I seriously need to participate in a flash mob as soon as possible.
- Act like you're 6 at the Park. That's right. Go to your local playground and party like it's first grade. Trust me, it's actually fun.
- Have A Photo Shoot! (If you read this blog regularly you knew that I would post this!) I have photo shoots all the time! They are so much fun, and you end up with great pictures and a fun memory!
You guys probably won't view most of these things as fun- I especially have an odd sense of fun, so I'm not particularly the person to ask if you want a mainstream suggestion. The point of this list is YOLO. I have a serious problem with people who do things they'll later regret while saying YOLO, while it really should be taken as carpe diem.
This weekend, take chances, have fun, be unique.
P.S. We're so close to 100 members! There's an amazing giveaway headed your way at 100! Help us reach that goal!